Swimming at night can feel magical. If you live in a rural area, you may look up and see dozens of bright stars shining overhead. Before you head out to for a nighttime dip alone or with friends, consider some tips and tricks that can keep you safe and make the experience more memorable.
Light Around Your Pool
Make sure there’s plenty of light around your pool, so swimmers can see where they’re walking. Install lighting along pathways, especially near steps. Place lights in your trees to make them stand out against the night sky. Illuminate gathering areas like patios and pergolas for when you get out to rest.
Light in Your Pool
In-ground pools usually have at least two lights. One illuminates the shallow end and the other lights up the deep end. From there, the options are nearly limitless. You can add customized packages that shine color-changing LED’s on your pool or embed lights in the walls that give your pool a soft glow.
Watch Out for Insects
Mosquitos are attracted to water and to your bare skin. Set up tiki torches with insect repellant fuel or use bug control lamps to keep stinging insects away while you play.
Have Some Fun
Glow sticks can turn your nighttime swim into a party that’s lit. Here are some ideas for what to do:
- Put glow sticks under the ice in your beverage bucket so you can find your drinks in the dark.
- Place them in plastic Easter eggs for a glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt around your pool.
- Make a floating target out of pool noodles and use glow stick circles for a game of ring toss.
- Throw handfuls of glow sticks in the pool and have teams compete to see who can retrieve the most.
- Make glow-in-the-dark letters and tape them to your patio.
Ambassador Pools has been bringing summer fun to families for over three decades. Whether you need an affordable pool or quality service, contact us today for a quote.