You’ve waited all winter for warmer weather and it’s finally here! There is no better time than now to get your above ground pool ready, clean, and safe for swimming. It’s also a good idea to throw a backyard pool party bash for your friends and family to finally welcome the warmer months of the year.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your backyard pool party:
- Be sure that you tape down table cloths underneath the table so that they don’t fly up and hit anyone, or slide off.
- Try not to use any glass cups, plates, bowls, pitchers, etc. as there will likely be children rough-housing and having fun. You don’t want them to knock any glass over and get hurt.
- Be sure to keep foods that will spoil out of the heat and sunlight. This includes potato salad, fruit, dips, anything with dairy, fresh meats that are not grilled or cooked, and so on.
- Have extra towels handy for your guests.
- Don’t forget to buy ample sunscreen to protect your guests from painful sunburns.
- Send out invites a week or two ahead of time with a RSVP request so you can get a head count on how many people to expect.
- Make sure that the pool’s water is clean, balanced, and safe to swim in so that nobody gets sick or hurt.
- Install pool lighting if you plan on having the party after dark one evening.
For More Information
To learn more about getting your pool ready for spring/summer, be sure to visit us at Ambassador Pools. We serve New England, including all of Massachusetts, Hudson Valley, western PA, and parts of the Midwest, including Cleveland, Akron, and Canton in Ohio.