A lot of homeowners buy above ground pools and they eventually need to move into a bigger/smaller home, or they need to re-locate because of jobs, schools, and so on. Regardless of the reason why you need to change locations, you don’t have to leave your swimming pool for the next homeowner to enjoy. That’s right – you can actually move an above ground swimming pool with you to wherever you may be going!
Follow the simple steps below and you and your family will be enjoying the cool comforts of your swimming pool at your new location in no time at all!
- Be sure to do a thorough inspection of the pool before you start to move it. Be sure that the bottom of the pool is in good shape, including the track, bottom plates, and screws. Some rust is okay, but if the frame is starting to rot and is in bad shape, it may be easier (and safer) to consider getting a new pool.
- If the pool is in an oval shape, be sure that you check the a-frames to see if they are rotted. This includes the straps that are underneath the pool itself. Some rust is normal, but if they are in terrible shape, they are going to need to be replaced.
- Cut out the liner and remove the bolts that are connecting the walls together. You may be in need of some WD-40 to help you with this task. During this time, you should also remove the skimmer.
- When the bolts from the walls have been removed, you can remove all of the uprights. Then you can roll the wall tightly – – this will take a few people. Duct tape the wall together to keep it from unfolding while you are moving it from one location to the next.
- Disconnect the filter system and the bottom track pieces. Be sure that everything is thoroughly washed out and cleaned.
- At your next home’s installation spot, be sure that the grass and ground are level before you start the set up process.
- Assemble the parts in reverse with a NEW liner and any additional parts that may be required.
Here are some of the new parts that you may need: liner, screws, track, clamps, hoses, special rust-proof paint, and a skimmer.
For More Information
If you would like more information about moving your swimming pool, please give us a call at Ambassador Pools – New England’s above ground pool authority. Our toll-free number is 800-752-9000. We look forward to hearing from you soon!