A census-designated place and town in York County, Maine, Old Orchard Beach is part of the Portland-South Portland-Biddeford metropolitan statistical area and has a population of about 9,000.
The town has a number of tourist-oriented businesses and its long stretch of beach is lined with beach homes, condos, motels and more.
Summers in Old Orchard Beach can be hot and humid, and while the beach is a great place to cool off, the number of tourists can cause issues with privacy. This is why many residents have opted to get their own above ground pool to cool off in whenever they want, without having to deal with other people.
While easier to maintain than inground pools, above ground pool still require some TLC. Here is a checklist you can use whenever thinking about cleaning your above ground pool:
- When cleaning the pool, you can use a portable leaf skimmer to hep you
- Be sure to clean the strainer baskets in the skimmer and pump
- When cleaning the walls of your pool, the proper way to do so depends of the material. Be sure to consult your pool’s manufacturer
- Your pool should be vacuumed at least once a week
- Be sure to test the water as often as possible and add the proper chemicals as needed
- Your pool’s deck (if you have one) should be clear of debris to avoid accidents
While this list if by no means comprehensive, it can be a good starting point for you. For more information about cleaning your pool and above ground pools in general, call Ambassador Pools today.